MASSACHUSETTS DISTRICT 5 LITTLE LEAGUE
2015 Major Division
Homerun Hitting Competition
Date: Saturday, August 1, 2015
Time: 5:00 pm
Location: OXFORD LITTLE LEAGUE – STANLEY JOHNSON FIELD
RTE. 12 N. OXFORD, MA
Entry fee: Two new Little League approved baseballs per player. Click Here for Entry Form
- Players must be league age 10, 11 or 12 major division players for the 2015 season.
- Two players allowed per chartered league.
- Players shall arrive by 4:30 to check in and warm up.
- Players are encouraged to wear their regular season uniforms.
- Batting order will be determined from a blind draw.
- Batting cage may be used for warm-ups. Players will warm up in the order in which they will be hitting. Limit of 15 pitches in the cage. Baseballs will be provided in the cage.
- Coach pitching will be used from behind an “L” screen. Oxford Little League will have batting practice pitchers available or the player may bring their own pitcher. If choosing their own pitcher, that pitcher must be ready when the player is called to bat.
- Batters will be given 10 outs. A homerun will be a point. All other hits and/or misses will be an out.
- The top four hitters will return for a second round. Batting order will remain the same as the first round. Batters will be given 7 outs. Second round totals will be combined with the first round totals to determine a winner.
- In the case of a tie after two rounds, the players tied will participate in 5 out rounds until a winner is determined.
- One coach per player is allowed on the field.
- A trophy will be presented to the winner.